After Barcelona our next stop was Paris. I love Paris, the sleek vibe, the sophisticated people, the magnificent buildings and some roller-coaster of a history… Living here is definitely on my bucket list.
После Барселоны мы отправились в Париж. Париж – один из моих любимейших городов, надеюсь когда-нибудь пожить здесь.
So I was wearing this and a french guy walked up to me saying he thought my outfit looked amazing and how that was the reason he was asking for my number. Question: Is this a generic pick up line in Paris? Can’t imagine this scenario in Moscow, unless it’s a fashion gathering. Either way, thanks for making my day, random guy 😀
An outfit with this off shoulder dress here6.
You know how in every part of the world people think their city is the best and all the others suck? Well in Paris you can practically feel it in the air. And boy, does my inflated ego feel at home here. Lol.
Did you know Victor Hugo thought his destiny was to write “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” because the cathedral resembles the first letter of his name? He saw God’s will in this and the novel saved Notre Dame from demolition in 19th century.
I never saw people actually buying stuff from these little book markets by the Seine… But they do look charming.
I booked an apartment through One Fine Stay, and our home was a real Parisian home, lived in, obviously well loved, filled with books, art and vintage knick knacks.
I might not speak french, but I can definitely be “arrogant a la francaise”. You can check out the hoodie here.
Didn’t get to see Les Invalides inside, but look at these bunnies living just outside!
Versailles is absolutely mind-blowing. Those guys were not afraid to overdo it. Did you see Rihanna’s Dior ad in Versailles? She’s known for always going that extra mile in her style, persona and music, so I believe it was a perfect match.
Marie Antoinette’s bed. Apparently people slept half-seated back then, that’s why those lavish beds are always so short (but my Olympus is a crop, couldn’t fit much).
Didn’t even need to search for locations, our terrace was in full bloom.
We saw these endless fields of yellow flowers while driving through northern France. Oh, the regret of not staying longer! Stay tuned for the final destination of our trip! Also, I’m writing a little something on the best food in Paris.
What’s your favourite thing about Paris?
Upd: Links a la Mode!
Links à la Mode: June 4
- A Handful of Stories: Paris 2015—My Moveable Feast
- Attire Club: Best Menswear Looks at the CFDA Awards 2015
- Bookish & Belle: The 30×30 Wardrobe Challenge
- Dress Code: High Fashion: The Stunning Jewelry of Cannes Film Festival 2015
- Everyday Starlet: Fitness for Fashion Bloggers
- Fashion Blender: Bold Graphic Statements
- Fashion Studio Magazine: 8 Tips to Refresh Your Makeup This Summer
- Fashion Tales Blog: Useful Apps Volume 2
- Head 2 Heels: Traveling and Taking Photos Without a Photographer
- Jodi’s Touch of Style: Bright Pink for the ’50s, ’60s & ’70s
- Les Assorties’: An Interview with Ormary Founder Merita Memisi
- Montgomery Fest: Style on Deck
- Pudding Monster: Why You Should Dress Well to Feel Better
- Riva La Diva: DIY Anthropologie Circlet Vida Skirt
- Storybook Apothecary: How to Live Like a Mermaid All Summer Long
- Trendy Techie: Meet the Rocket Scientists Who Are Reinventing the Heel
- The Sweet Seed: Top Summer Fashion Trends
- We Are Ready Made: Soviet Cool
- What 2 Wear Where: Cork Shoes for Summer Style and Comfort
- Whimsy Soul: Treasure Island Flea Market