I’m pretty sure that if I had a diary when I was fourteen, these would be my top 7 struggles.
- Turns out, there’s not much of an early teenage goth community in Russia…
- Dad keeps saying my makeup looks like I work at a coal mine/fell face forward into a fireplace.
- Black maxi skirts and doc martens get reeeal hot in summer.
- Also, I have to hold my maxi above my knees when I’m running late (which I always am), otherwise I’m forced to walk in tiny geisha steps.
- No tanning?! But… We’re spending summer at the lake…
- Mom keeps sneaking pink dresses into my closet. The nerve!
- Parents wouldn’t let me spend a night at a cemetery. Also, I didn’t ask. I’m scared of cemeteries.
Did you belong to any subculture in school?
Photos and editing by Bella.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate. Proceeds support this blog.