I found this look from last August in Amsterdam that I forgot to publish. This was the day I learned that pencil skirts are too tight for walking down the steep stairs elegantly, so that video never saw the light of day… But here are some semi-positive things I managed to learn in 2015:
- You don’t need a DSLR to shoot great photos. Most of my photos are now shot with baby Olympus OMD EM10. Unfortunately, you do need a functioning brain and a set of steady hands.
- Thigh high boots go with pretty much everything. And they keep your knees warm!
- HERE’S HOW YOU COOK BACON: put the strips on a cold pan, turn the heat on to low. Give it some time. When they start to bubble, loosen up the strips and flip them over. Then just flip, move and loosen until the bacon has reached your desired level of crispiness. Do not turn up the heat. THAT’S IT.
- Making the bed is a useful habit to develop.
- Bubble ponytail is the easiest hairstyle to make on tangled hair, and it looks adorable.
- Wasn’t expecting it, but I am deeply in love with Amsterdam and hope to visit again very soon.
- Beauty blender is bae. I use it to apply all of the cream products and most of the powder ones.
- My most popular Instagram post is an iPhone selfie. I’m not sure how to apply this knowledge.
What did you learn last year?